Special: Contact Us to find out more
Have you been unable to target stubborn problem areas despite eating well and exercising regularly? With liposuction, you can improve your body contours with a relatively simple and safe procedure.
- 1 Before and After Photos
- 2 About
- 3 Candidate
- 4 Planning
- 5 Procedure
- 6 Recovery
- 7 Risks
- 8 Complications
- 9 Liposuction And Fat Transfer
- 10 The Esthetica Experience
- 11 FAQ
Before and After Photos
Liposuction involves inserting a cannula beneath the skin and breaking up and removing unwanted fat cells.
Liposuction is designed to remove excess volume from virtually any area of the body, including the:
- Inner and outer thighs
- Chin, neck and jowls
*RESULTS MAY VARY
It’s a terrific way to target localized pockets of fat that are unresponsive to diet and exercise. In many cases, our clients combine liposuction with other plastic surgeries – such as a fat transfer or body lift – to achieve a comprehensive transformation.
eal body weight, in good general health, and have pockets of stubborn fat that have not responded to a healthy diet and regular exercise.
Before your procedure, our plastic surgeons will review your medical history, current health, and medications you are taking to confirm your candidacy. We will discuss the results you can expect, along with the potential risks and complications.
In addition, we will review preoperative directions with you, which may include the elimination of certain drugs that contain aspirin in order to minimize the possibility of excess bleeding. Antibiotics and pain medications will be prescribed prior to surgery to prevent infection. Photographs will be taken before and after surgery to evaluate the final results.
Liposuction surgery is performed in our accredited outpatient surgical facility in the San Diego area. It can be done under general anesthesia (asleep) or moderate sedation (awake but numbed). Before the procedure, a special fluid, also known as tumescent will be injected into the fat to anesthetize the area and prevent blood loss.
From there, our San Diego plastic surgeons will create a small incision in the skin, and insert a thin tube (cannula) that is attached to a high-pressure vacuum suction or syringe system.
We have years of experience successfully performing body contouring procedures and know precisely how much fat to remove to achieve your ideal physique, while avoiding complications.
The procedure can last from one to several hours, depending on the amount of fat removed. Once it is complete, we will close the incisions and apply a compression dressing or garment to reduce swelling and support your new contours.
*RESULTS MAY VARY
You will need to wear a special surgical compression garment that supports your body for a period of time. Oral medication will control your pain and antibiotics may be prescribed to prevent an infection.
Most of our Del Mar patients are able to walk around immediately after surgery. You can expect to return to your normal daily activities within two weeks, although vigorous physical activity is discouraged for several weeks.
Some swelling and discoloration is normal, but usually disappears within one to three months. Scars will fade significantly with time.
*RESULTS MAY VARY
When you work with an experienced La Jolla cosmetic surgeon, complications are very rare. However, even the best cosmetic surgery procedure is not without risk. Your surgeon will discuss these with you at your consultation.
- Skin perforation
- Major contour defects
- Skin necrosis
- Thermal injury
- Vital organ injury
- Adverse anesthesia reaction
- Major hemorrhage
- Ischemic optic neuropathy
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Pulmonary embolism
- Fat embolism
- Toxic shock
- Necrotizing fasciitis
Liposuction And Fat Transfer
Each year, thousands of men and women choose fat transfer as a method of face and body contouring that appears – and is – completely natural. An added benefit of modern liposuction is the ability to enhance your natural curves with the fat cells harvested during the procedure. Fat may be transferred to areas of the body which you would like to accentuate, or which are lacking volume such as the face, breasts, buttocks, or hands. This is a safe, natural way of adding amplifying the contours of your body with long-lasting results.
- Buttock augmentation: Patients who desire a round, lifted derriere often turn to a Brazilian butt lift, which uses fat transfer to enhance the size of the buttocks. This give patients the ability to achieve a more curvaceous backside without the need for implants.
- Breast augmentation: women who are interested in achieving a modest enhancement to their natural breasts and are not interested in implants can see fuller, more voluptuous breasts with the use of fat transfer. Women considering breast augmentation with fat transfer should have good skin elasticity and be happy with the overall shape of their natural breasts, as fat transfer does not address excessive skin laxity.
- Facial volume restoration: as we begin to age, our body loses its ability to produce the same amount of collagen it once did, resulting in the loss of facial volume. Restoring facial volume with fat transfer can restore a more youthful appearance smoothing fine lines and wrinkles, filling in smile lines or hallowed cheeks, or enhancing lip volume naturally.
- Hand rejuvenation: your hands are often the first area of your body to give away your age as the skin thins and you lose volume in your hands. With fat transfer, you can restore lost volume, keeping your age a secret between you and your surgeon.
*RESULTS MAY VARY
The Esthetica Experience
At Esthetica, we are sought-after specifically for our body contouring results. Our patients regularly enjoy trimmer figures and increased self-confidence as a direct result of our liposuction technique. Although you will notice an immediate improvement in your contour, the final results may not be apparent for up to one year.
What is the average cost of liposuction and fat transfer in San Diego?
This advanced approach to body sculpting will vary in cost, based upon the number of areas you want to enhance. We invite you to meet with us, so we can discuss your vision for face or body enhancement.
Will my results be long-lasting?
Yes. Once fat has been removed from your body through liposuction, the harvested fat cells are gone forever. You can maintain your newly-sculpted look with a commitment to a healthy diet and consistent exercise. Should you gain weight, less fat will be stored in the areas where liposuction was performed.
Will i have scars following my liposuction procedure?
When liposuction with natural fat transfer is performed by our board-certified plastic surgeon, the tiny incisions created during the treatment will be virtually undetectable. The surgeons at Esthetica of San Diego take great care in performing body sculpting with lipo and fat transfer, and are known for achieving exceptionally beautiful, natural-looking results.
*RESULTS MAY VARY