Brazilian Butt Lift
A Brazilian butt lift is a body contouring treatment that enhances the curvature and projection of the buttocks by using the patient’s own fat. Patients choosing a BBL benefit from this multifaceted treatment because it creates an attractive aesthetic for the bottom and body. The simple treatment harvests fat from areas you wish to slim down, such as the abdomen or thighs.
Then, after preparing the fat, it is injected throughout the buttocks to achieve a rounder, more voluminous derriere. Dr. Wael Kouli is a warm, highly devoted, and respected cosmetic surgeon who has helped countless patients achieve the curvaceous body they desire. Explore the possibilities of a larger backside by scheduling a consultation with Esthetica Center for Plastic Surgery.
The Brazilian Butt Lift, or BBL, has undergone immense improvements in how the treatment is performed, and the kind of alluring results that are possible. Today, patients benefit from a modern, safe, and affordable treatment that provides optimal contours for the butt and overall figure. The treatment has grown in popularity in recent years and BBLs have become the most popular way to augment the buttocks. In an hour or less, patients can achieve the derriere of their dreams. The steps of a BBL are simple:
- Harvest: Together, you and Dr. Kouli will identify key areas of the body you wish to improve. This can be the thighs, abdomen, back, or flanks. The subcutaneous fat in these areas will be liposuctioned away, creating improved contours and further accentuating the buttocks. 
- Processing: After the fat is collected, the fat is sent through a centrifugation process to purify it for injection. The fat is spun at high speeds of 3000 rpm , or the equivalent of a car going 25 MPH, for three minutes. Centrifugation separates the fat from denser, unnecessary liquids.
- Implantation: After the fat is prepared into a specialized needle, is injected into multiple areas of the buttock, allowing Dr. Kouli to sculpt ideal curves.  He will be careful to slightly overfill the area to ensure that enough fat survives to achieve the desired volume.
A BBL offers patients a streamlined experience that emphasizes the curvature and volume of the buttocks while effectively shaping up other areas of the body. Patients achieve customizable results that can create subtle improvements, or mirror the high-impact results of social media influencers and beloved Hollywood superstars.
A BBL treatment also provides
- Rouder, perkier, firmer buttocks
- An opportunity to get rid of pesky body fat from other areas
- More pleasing aesthetic and better body proportions
- More confidence in wearing a wider selection of clothing
- A surgical process with small incisions and virtually no scarring
Patients in the San Diego area who yearn for a better backside but haven’t been able to get the results on their own are welcome to explore the potentials that a BBL treatment offers. However, the best way to know if you are eligible is to schedule an appointment with Dr. Kouli.
Ideal BBL candidates
- Patients without underlying health problems that may complicate surgery
- Desire to reshape the buttocks with their own fat
- At a stable weight and have adequate body fat in the donor areas
- Are interested in positive, realistic revisions to the body
- Committed to a successful recovery and following the doctor’s instructions
Esthetica Center for Plastic Surgery understands each patient comes with a unique set of personal circumstances. That is why Dr. Wael Kouli and staff are committed to personalizing your experience to fit your needs.
You will learn more about BBL treatment at your consultation with Dr. Kouli. After reviewing your medical history, he will examine your body and identify the key areas to extract fat from. Patients are encouraged to express their questions and concerns. Your feedback gives us a better understanding of your desired results. At the end of your consultation, Dr. Kouli will decide whether a BBL can work to your advantage. If he approves you for surgery, then he will detail your surgical experience, aftercare journey, and estimated timeframe for your results.
See us for a consultation and visualize a new luscious, buxom aesthetic for your bottom. Schedule yours by reaching us at:
Patients will be told to complete a few steps before surgery starts in preparation for surgery. Completing them weeks after surgery reduces stress and ensures a standard, quick recovery.
Dr. Kouli will advise patients to
- Avoid nicotine products as directed. The habit suppresses blood vessels and may inhibit your recovery.
- Delay intake of certain medications, including NSAIDs and blood thinners because they may cause bleeding.
- Arrange transportation logistics. Ask a trusted friend, significant other, or family member to drive you home.
- Make arrangements to take 1-2 weeks off from work.
Your BBL treatment will occur inside any of our three surgical centers throughout Southern California. Once you get settled into your treatment room, we’ll administer anesthesia so you won’t feel a thing. Dr. Kouli will make his surgical markings so he can begin removing fat from the chosen harvest areas. This allows for a thin cannula (2mm in width; and 15 cm in length) to be inserted under the skin and gently extract fat from the body. Next, the suctioned fat will undergo a filtration process where it is purified from unnecessary fluids. The newly cleansed fat is then prepared for injection and placed in various areas of the buttocks to ensure even distribution.  The area may be slightly overfilled because not all of the grafted fat will survive as you recover. You’ll be provided with a compression garment to wear to protect your new results.
In the days after surgery, plan to get plenty of rest. You will experience mild swelling, discomfort, and bruising around the treated areas. The medications you picked up from the pharmacy and following post-operative instructions will soothe these feelings in a few days. While recovering, avoid placing any weight on the area because it may affect the fat cell survival needed for optimal contours. Simply put, avoid sitting or sleeping on your back for about two weeks.  At this point, your symptoms should have improved, and you should feel confident in resuming your regular activities. Wait an additional 6-8 weeks to continue more physically strenuous activity.
When your results emerge within 6-8 weeks, you can enjoy the benefits of beautiful behind for years and complimentary contours for the body. You can maintain your exciting new curves by maintaining a healthy lifestyle with a sensible diet and exercise.
Patients having a Brazilian butt lift performed may be interested in additional contorting treatments that address other aesthetic concerns. At your consultation, Dr. Kouli may present you with a few options, including:
That unwanted body fat can also be used to give your bustline a boost! As with a BBL, Dr. Kouli can use donor fat to amplify the volume of the breasts. This is a popular alternative for women that want larger breasts, but prefer not to have synthetic implants placed. Patients achieve natural-looking results, and are typically able to increase the size of their breasts by one cup size!
The cost of your surgery will depend on the extent of your procedure, such as how much fat is being removed, the areas being liposuctioned, and the increase in volume that you’re seeking for your buttocks. As a result, the final price of your BBL experience may differ from other patients. However, we will give you an accurate estimate following your consultation appointment. We’ll also present several financing choices to help make your treatment more affordable.
WHY IS A BRAZILIAN BUTT LIFT BETTER THAN IMPLANTS OR INJECTABLES?
A Brazilian butt lift offers patients a dual-purpose treatment that adds volume to the buttocks and a chance to slim down areas of your choice. In addition, since a BBL uses your fat to increase the projection and volume, the outcome is a more natural, distinctive outline for the buttocks than an implant or injectable can provide.
- Bellini, E., Grieco, M. P., & Raposio, E. (2017). The science behind autologous fat grafting. Annals of Medicine and Surgery, 24, 65–73. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amsu.2017.11.001
- Pane, T. A. (2018). Experience With High-Volume Buttock Fat Transfer: A Report of 137 Cases. Aesthetic Surgery Journal, 39(5), 526–532. https://doi.org/10.1093/asj/sjy191
- Roberts, T. L., Weinfeld, A. B., Bruner, T. W., & Nguyen, K. (2006). “Universal” and Ethnic Ideals of Beautiful Buttocks are Best Obtained by Autologous Micro Fat Grafting and Liposuction. Clinics in Plastic Surgery, 33(3), 371–394. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cps.2006.05.001
- Villanueva, N. L., Del Vecchio, D. A., Afrooz, P. N., Carboy, J. A., & Rohrich, R. J. (2022). Staying Safe during Gluteal Fat Transplantation. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 141(1), 79–86. https://doi.org/10.1097/PRS.0000000000003934
The office and procedure room were immaculate. Dr.Kouli and staff checked up on me often post.Jennifer
I had an incredible experience at esthetica. Dr. Kouli is both personable and professional. Everyone in the office is friendly and aim to make you feel as comfortable as possible. I’d highly recommend their services.Paige
I would recommend this office to anyone seeking a procedure. They answered any and all of my questions immediately. No matter how big or small.Shellee
Dr. Kouli is the best!, best surgeon, best bedside manner, best follow up… just the bestLaura
I can’t say enough about dr. Kouli. He looked a my problem which was pretty bad and immediately knew that he could fix it.Shellee